Acid fume extraction systems are installed to take the toxic/acidic fumes away from the pickling tanks and prevent them from spreading inside the shop floor and cause pollution.
Corrotech critically designs the suction duct at a predetermined minimum velocity rate that have to be applied to make sure effectiveness. The suction slot ducts are manufactured using chemical corrosion resistant Polypropylene or FRP using well equipped thermoplastic workshops fitted with the proper welding equipment.
Corrotech critically designs the suction duct at a predetermined minimum velocity rates that have to be applied to ensure effectiveness. The suction slot ducts are manufactured using chemical corrosion resistant Polypropylene or FRP using well equipped thermoplastic workshops fitted with the appropriate welding equipment.
Small sized tanks (< 600mm width): For open tanks with a width of less than 600 mm one single lip extraction plenum mounted on the side of the tank would suffice.
Medium sized tanks (< 1500 mm width): Open tanks larger than 600 mm but smaller than 1500 mm in width would require two lateral lip extraction plenums on either side of the tank.
Large sized tanks: As lip extraction from one side of the tank is only effective up to 500 – 750 mm from the plenum (depending on the velocities) the larger tanks are normally fitted with a combination of:
i. two long horizontal lip extraction plenum on the long sides of the tank;
ii. one horizontal extraction duct with multiple slots on the far side of the pickling tank joining the two horizontal ducts together.
We refer this as a push-pull fume extraction system.Corrotech carefully establishes the individual extraction rates and total extraction volumes. The extraction rate per tank is a factor of open surface area and the chemical composition of the tank. Multiple pickling tanks are connected to a common header that transfers the fumes to a wet scrubber.
Corrotech offers complete equipment supply and engineering services to give high quality solutions at a low price. Corrotech supports its customers with installation, start-up assistance, training, and field service. Each Wet Scrubber is sized and designed for specific customer requirements. We check fume removal requirements to find the best design parameters for each installation. Corrotech designs and builds complete scrubbing systems including multiple stages when required.
Corrotech Fume Wet Scrubber offers excellent air pollution control, removing toxic/acidic fumes from the exhaust air stream before it emits to the atmosphere. We design fume scrubbers to absorb toxic particles from the air streams using water to scrub the air. Contaminated acid fumes flow through a specially designed packing media that is wetted with re-circulated liquid. The liquid solvent absorbs the fume pollutant by physical or chemical means. A blow down from the tank with the makeup water addition removes contaminant products before they precipitate.
- Wet spray system to remove solid toxic particles
- Second stage mist eliminator to remove moisture prior to exhaust discharge
- Corrosion resistant construction for particulate, gas or acid removal
- Mount above or in line with fume extraction ducts
Common contaminates removed by Corrotech Fume Scrubbers include:
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCl)
- Hydrofluoric + Nitric Acid (HF+HNO3)
- And many others
Corrotech Design Expertise
- Capacities: 10 to 75,000 CFM with a single unit
- Efficiencies to 99.99%
- Vertical configuration
- Cylindrical and rectangular construction designs
- Single and multiple stage designs
The wet scrubbers are constructed using
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
Other Inclusions of Acid Fume Extraction System
- Corrotech wet scrubbers consists of wide range of packing media including rings and saddles in various materials.
- Complete instrumentation and electrical controls are supplied for standalone operation or connection with a plant’s centralized control or monitoring systems.
- Corrosion resistant centrifugal rated fan on the inlet or outlet side of the scrubber.
- Corrosion resistant re-circulating pumps for scrubber liquid re-circulation.
- Non-plugging spray nozzles for wetting packing in a range of corrosion resistant materials.
- Clean Working Area (Surrounding)
- Ensure hygienic working atmosphere
- High employee’s acceptance
- Increased productivity
- Low Production Cost
- Stop corrosion of crane & roof structure
- Safety of Electronic & Electrical Components
- Better Safety
- Fume are condensed & recycled
- Optimized material used
- Reducing waste disposal cost
- As per Emission Regulation
- Safety to Worker and Staff
- Protection to Production Equipment
- Maintaining Working Area Clean
- Reduced Risk Accident
- Better Visibility in Galvanizing shop
- Prevention of Unpleasant Odors
- Hot-dip Galvanizing Plants
- Pipe pickling Plants
- Tube Pickling Plants
- Stainless Steel Pickling Plants
- Wire Pickling Lines
- Electroplating/Anodizing Plants
- Metal Finishing Industries
- Surface Treatment Plants.